Traditions Fire Consulting provides professional third party plan reviews for all fire protection and building code required fire and life safety systems. We review the plans and all associated documentation for compliance with the locally adopted codes, standards, and ordinances for the jurisdiction the project is to be constructed.
List of approved cities:
Municipalities and fire departments can contract Traditions Fire Consulting with all fees and plan submissions being directly sent to us. The municipality and/or fire department will receive stamped plans and all comments from the plan review. An open line of communication will be provided between the municipality/fire department and Traditions Fire Consulting. Ultimately, the municipality and/or fire department will receive code compliant plans pertaining to the fire protection and life safety systems of the building without any overhead. Municipalities and/or fire departments may elect to collect all fees pertaining to the project and pay Traditions Fire Consulting on a pre-arranged and agreed upon basis.
Plan review is available for the following disciplines:
- NFPA 13 Fire Sprinkler Systems
- NFPA 14 Standpipe Systems
- Residential Fire Sprinkler Systems
- Fire Alarm and Detection Systems
- Commercial Kitchen Hood Fire Suppression Systems
- Special/Clean Agent/Gaseous Fire Suppression Systems
- Smoke Control/Stair Pressurization/Exhaust Systems
- Special Applications (Paint Spray Booth, etc.)
- Site Plan Review for Hydrant Location, Building Access, and Fire Apparatus Access Road Location
- Access Control Systems
- High-Piled Storage Arrangements
- Building Plan Review for Egress and Life Safety
- Hazardous Materials Storage
Plan Reviews will be completed in 5 to 10 business days. Our plan review fees are a set fee so contractors and municipalities have up front knowledge of what the project will cost. There are no re-submittal fees. Our goal is to encourage compliance through open communication at the beginning of the project. Contractors are encouraged to contact us with questions regarding the plan submittal process and any special requirements of the local jurisdiction.
A rush plan review service is available and can be guaranteed, depending on the size and complexity of the system, in 2 to 3 business days.
Please contact us for a plan review fee sheet, quotes on special projects, and for plan submittal guidelines.
Click here to download the Plan Review Application Form.